We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Many people don’t realize that onions and garlic are toxic to pets. It is so sparsely known that garlic powder is actually a dangerously common ingredient in some homemade dog treat recipes found online. They are also very common ingredients in many different dishes that we humans love to make, so we need to be extra careful to not allow our pets to ingest anything containing these ingredients. No more licking the plate for Fido and Fluffy!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902-225-7543. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets only. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. With dramatically increased demand and dwindling supply, combined with supplier purchase limitations, we are experiencing unprecedented difficulties in obtaining many pet foods. Although we remain in stock of many of your favourite foods, and continue to order our daily maximum allocation, we regret that we are forced to temporarily suspend special orders. Please continue to call us and we will do our best to fill your needs with food we have in stock, but we can no longer guarantee supply on all brands. We are monitoring this situation daily and will advise when this situation has eased. At this time most drugs and over the counter products remain unaffected.
For food and prescription pick ups, please call us to prepay and advise us by phone when you arrive at the hospital to pick up. We will meet you at the front of the building to deliver your order. We do also have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the Online Store button.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at 4 Paws 24 Hour Veterinary Hospital